Reset iPhone to factory settings step by step instructions
Do you want to reset your iPhone? There are two ways to do this: directly on the smartphone or using a PC or Mac. This guide explains both methods and guides you step by step through the process. Reset iPhone to factory settings step by step instructions
Reset iPhone to factory settings without other devices
If your iPhone is not working properly and you want to reset it, you can carry out the necessary steps directly on the phone. Only a few simple steps are required. If you have not done it before a recommended backup of your data .
- Open the settings and tap on “General | Reset to default”.
- There, select the entry “Delete all content & settings”.
- For security reasons, it is now necessary to enter your password for the Apple ID. Once entered, the iPhone starts the process.
It may take a few minutes for the process to complete. During this time, you should not try to switch the device off or use it in any other way.
Reset iPhone via PC or Mac
You can also reset your iPhone on a PC or Mac. To ensure that everything runs smoothly, first make sure that the latest operating system updates are installed on your computer. PC users also need iTunes. Note: Apple itself speaks of “reset to factory settings” in this process. The latest iOS version is actually installed.
- Open Finder (Mac) or iTunes (PC).
- Next, connect iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- Either enter the device code or agree to the question if you trust the computer.
- Click on your iPhone in the list on the left and select “Restore iPhone”.
- Should you still be at “Where’s?” be logged in, log out first.
- Tap on “Restore” and confirm the choice with another tap.
- Wait for the process to finish and the iPhone to restart. Then you can set it up according to your wishes.
Everything worked? Feel free to leave us a message. Reset iPhone to factory settings step by step instructions
Read More: Fresh New Article
Solemnly Declare: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. The reprinted article is only for the purpose of disseminating more information. If the author’s information is marked incorrectly, please contact us as soon as possible to modify or delete it.