Qualcomm released the Snapdragon 665, Snapdragon 730 and 730G: more processor performance and more graphics
Qualcomm has introduced chipsets for two new mobile devices, the Snapdragon 665 and 730 (including the 730G with 15% more graphics performance)
Snapdragon 665 (11 nm):
The Snapdragon 665 has been developed from the Snapdragon 660 using the 11-nanometer LPP process that helps save battery power and lower prices.
Snapdragon 665 comes with Kryo 260 axis as follows
- Kryo 260 core, ARM Cortex-A73 innovation, 4 cores, but with a speed of 2 GHz while the Snapdragon 660 has a speed of 2.2 GHz.
- Kryo 260 4-axis Cortex-A53 innovation that accelerates to 1.8 GHz
The more developed things are
- Develop graphics with Adreno 610 graphics chip and Hexagon 686
- Supports image processing, a 48-megapixel camera (Spectra 165 ISP) and a 16-megapixel dual camera. The Snapdragon 660 supports 24 million pixels.
Snapdragon 730 and 730G (8 nm):
The Snapdragon 730 was developed from the Snapdragon 710 with 8-nanometer LPP production technology from its predecessor, manufactured with 10-nanometer technology.
The Snapdragon 730 has upgraded the processor chip to 35% more efficiency as follows.
- Kryo 470 2-core ARM Cortex-A76 innovation accelerates up to 2.2 GHz
- Kryo 470 6-core ARM Cortex-A55 innovation accelerates to 1.8 GHz
It also has many other developments whether it is
- 25% more graphics development from the 618 graphics chip and Hexagon 668 DSP
- Spectra 650 supports 4K video mode, Portrait mode
- The Tensor Accelerator unit helps promote AI and Machine Learning.
There is also a Snapdragon 730G that Qualcomm has confirmed to have 15% better graphics performance from the Snapdragon 730.
This new set of chipsets Will begin to be installed on various devices in mid-2019